Core Network Engineer
Looking for Core Network Engineers (multiple openings).
What you will be doing as a Core Network Engineer:
- Analyzing fault identifications and resolution for IP networks
- Produce network implementation and migration strategies and plans
- Provide logs and run required test cases
- Test and Support networks in various stages of deployment
- Well versed in network troubleshooting skills with MPLS, IGPs, EGP, Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies
- Develop and produce Engineering Design Specification, Service Management Plan, Provisioning Plan, Capacity Model/Plan, and Facilities
- Familiar with IP networking concepts (TCP, UDP, IP, VLAN, IP Subnet)
- Familiar with Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), signaling protocols (RSVP, LDP), QOS, VLL/VPLS and VPRN
- Utilize tools such as Wireshark, traffic generator, NSP to troubleshoot issues in the scope of packet inspection, latency, packet-drop, QoS, protocols (including TCP/IP, UDP, RTP, RTSP, ICMP, DHCP, NTP, SMTP, DNS, SIP, HTTP and Telnet)
- Working experience with Linux platforms
- Familiar with Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) concepts, working experience with OpenStack
- Perform Python, Batch and shell scripting.
What you will bring to the table as a Core Network Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 2 years of experience in job or related jobs
- Must have 1 year of experience utilizing tools and protocols such as: Wireshark, Y.1731, RTP, TCP/IP, IXIA – Traffic Generator, NSP, 5620 SAM
- Frequent travel to unanticipated locations throughout the U.S.
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.