Wireless Engineer III
Looking for a Wireless Engineer III.
What you will be doing as a Wireless Engineer III
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering
- Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards
- Develops and implements approved methods of procedure
- Designs and establishes protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network
- enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement
- Works on projects/ systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization
- Provides escalated tier support across organizations and to third party vendors
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead
What you will bring to the table as a Wireless Engineer III
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Professional level certification or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in an MSO/ISP Networking Engineering capacity
- Should have knowledge of various Network adjuncts and services i.e. AAA, Diameter, EAP, PDSN, LTE Data, VoLTE, GRE, Soft GRE, L2TP, CAPWAP.
- Experience using protocol communications test equipment and tools (protocol analyzers, wifi analyzers and packet sniffers).
- Must possess excellent industry knowledge and theoretical understanding of IEEE 802.11 specifications (a/b/g/n/ac/ax, SISO, MIMO, MCS index, 802.11k/v/r).
- Must possess experience with Commscope/Ruckus, Cisco, Meraki, and similar Enterprise AP/Controllers.
- Experience in RF design, HFC Design, DOCSIS specifications 3.0/3.1/4.0 a plus.
- Experience with testing and Q/A of Layer 1 thru 7 networks
- Experience developing automation scripts utilizing TCL, and Python programming languages a plus.
- Experience writing and developing detailed test cases and test plans
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.