Operations Support Engineer – Tier 2
Looking for Operations Support Engineer – Tier 2:
What you will be doing as Operations Support Engineer – Tier 2:
- Responsible for managing customer requirements based on reports, emails and phone calls by identifying issues and taking ownership of the issue
- Effectively manage all aspects of a customers Sev1 or Sev2 outage from start to finish
- Effectively manage low severity trouble tickets including completion by due date, follow up with customer and Engineering as needed, and provide status to the customer and management
- Ability to provide on-site technical support at the customers location if needed
- Ability to develop, validate and execute the Method-of-Procedures (MOPs)
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and analysis of customer data
- Analyze network events and performs root cause analysis to prevent similar impairments/outages in the future
- Work with Engineering/HQ to develop the RCAs as needed and provide it to customer to close off our commitment
- Develop customer specific reports that allow TAC to monitor/analyze the customers network
What you will bring to the table as a Operations Support Engineer – Tier 2::
- Bachelors degree in Electronics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or comparable experience
- Knowledgeable on 4G and 5G technologies would be a plus
- Cisco CCNA certification is a plus
- At least 2 years in a TAC/ Tier2 support organization or equivalent experience supporting a telecommunications vendor
- Experience managing trouble tickets and obtaining status from work groups
- Experience troubleshooting SS7/ IS41/ MEGACO/ SIP signaling networks
- Call processing experience; preferably in a wireless network
- User-level experience using UNIX/ LINUX commands
- Experience as a telecommunications vendor is a plus
- Experience/knowledge of Sprint and Verizon Wireless Network is a plus
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.