Looking for a Fiber Engineer.
What you will be doing as a Fiber Engineer
- Review sales engineering design and determine backbone fiber route.
- Obtain necessary circuit identifiers from groups or create as required.
- Create a Fiber DLR in Netcracker for A-Z fiber locations.
- New sites require the site survey form completed submitted and entered in the system prior by Fiber Construction.
- Design fiber route and create all necessary splicing prints and work orders for vendors performing splicing work within the active backbone.
- Provide fiber assignments to Construction Team for lateral fibers to last demarc panel if new lateral is required.
- Construction to handle MPOE splice demarc splices on new lateral builds only.
- Coordination of fiber cable count demarcs will need to be obtained from Construction.
- Fiber Engineering responsible for all backbone splicing end/end testing.
- Obtain Quote/Bids from contractors for all backbone splicing end/end testing
What you will bring to the table as a Fiber Engineer
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2-year technical degree or equivalent work experience
- BS/BA (preference to Civil, Construction, or Electrical, Engineering Degrees) or equivalent work experience preferred
- One (1) to three (3) years of fiber engineering and construction management experience or equivalent and one (1) to three (3) years of field construction management experience with preference to both outside plant and inside plant fiber construction.
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) preferred
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards preferred
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.