Looking for a Fiber Engineer
What you will be doing as a Fiber Engineer
- Attend Kick-Off meetings (examples when new backbone, lateral, and/or riser fiber is required.)
- Complete Cost Requests from Sales Engineering with firm costs to be provided for all necessary splicing based on existing network fiber conditions.
- Create a Fiber design maps for A-Z fiber locations.
- Design fiber route and create all necessary splicing prints and work orders for vendors performing splicing work within the active backbone.
- Provide fiber assignments to Construction Team for lateral fibers to last demark panel
- Create Requisitions for Purchase Order approval and payment to vendors.
- Provide Operations/Provisioning with final DLR’s & test shots for closeout
- After completion close out tasks in appropriate system(s).
- Review capacity reports and plan network augments on high utilization fiber routes.
- Fiber Engineers are responsible for all emergency and trouble response. All engineers participate in On-Call rotation.
- Work jointly with the NOC, Field Operations, and Change management; and mobilize necessary repair crews to isolate and restore any fiber impairments.
What you will bring to the table as a Fiber Engineer
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2-year technical degree or equivalent work experience
- BS/BA (preference to Civil, Construction, or Electrical, Engineering Degrees) or equivalent work experience preferred
- A valid driver’s license required
- One (1)+ years of fiber engineering and construction management experience or equivalent and one (1)+ years of field construction management experience with preference to both outside plant and inside plant fiber construction.
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) preferred
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards preferred
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.