GRC NOC Roaming Engineer II
Looking for a Roaming Engineer II
(103K – 118K yearly w/ 2 weeks’ vacation, PTO holidays, 5 sick days)
What you will be doing as a Roaming Engineer II
- As part of the Wireless System Integration Team, this Engineer will join the team of passionate engineers with start-up spirit to deploy and debug the standalone 5G network
- Partner with the Technology Development team and vendors to design solutions of the network functions in a cloud-native environment related to roaming services
- Deploy and support core network functions across a cutting-edge cloud native standalone 5G network
- Partner with vendor personnel at Nokia, BICS and roaming partners to set up roaming services andfeatures as well as upgrades
- Participate in the investigation of innovative 5G technologies to improve the network virtualization infrastructure
- Possess extensive hands-on experience with the 5G Core nodes and roaming call-flows related to S8HR,N9HR, N26 and N14
- Ensure that solutions adhere to defined standards and best practices and/or assist in the development of these standards and best practices
- Lead and mentor other engineers within the team to provide technical guidance and knowledge of the networks in various functional areas
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, with strict deadlines, both as an individual contributor and team player
- Participates in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology/technical areas
- Detail verifications of all Roaming Partners in accordance with Client roaming strategy and guidelines
- Troubleshoot SS7 and IP traffic with Client roaming partners to investigate and resolve network issues that are impacting roaming services
What you will bring to the table as a Roaming Engineer II
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications or Electrical/Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working within the Wireless industry on either the carrier or vendor side of the
- Vast experience in implementing, integrating, and deploying solutions related to roaming services (S6a, S8c, S8u)
- Hands-on experience with 5G core network design and implementation, including how 5G differs in scope and technology from previous generations
- Detail knowledge of SS7, Sigtran and 5G protocol
- Documented work experience in the following core functions: SMF / UPF / AMF / DRA / DEA / HSS
- General working knowledge in a Cloud Native environment, with technologies such as AWS/GCP/Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, OpenStack, VMWare, KVM or EKS
- Familiar with containers and relevant technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker or AWS/GCP/Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Proven work experience in 5G / IMS / LTE
- General understanding of TCP/IP networking and familiarity with TCP, UDP, SCTP, GTP, RADIUS, Mobile IP, SIP, and Diameter protocols
- Experience with Python scripting or any other scripting language (bash, Tcl)
- Knowledge of Protocol Analysis, Wireshark, NetScout, RADCOM or other similar tools
- Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.