Network Operations Technician
Looking for a Network Operations Technician.
What you will be doing as a Network Operations Technician
- Responsible for the installation testing and maintenance of high-speed fiber optic transmission equipment circuits and small cell networks.
- Typical responsibilities are circuit delivery resolution of reactive maintenance/change management tickets as well as the completion of preventative maintenance and quality review tasks.
- Respond to all network outages impairments and emergencies in assigned area.
- Complete all required preventative maintenance inspections to company’s standards.
- Install Turn-up test and provision SONET DWDM and Ethernet equipment in an optical fiber network adhering to engineered design.
- Work with fiber optic SONET/Ethernet related test equipment including Network Tester OTDR Optical Power Meter Optical Fiber Identifier Multimeter DC plant tester.
- Operate and understand RF and Small Cell related test equipment such as Antenna/PIM analyzer RF power meter Spectrum analyzer Signal generator Fusion splicer.
- Perform advanced analysis and troubleshooting of issues while assisting the NOC and customers.
- Perform site survey and quality review of remote locations to ensure company standards are met.
- Perform both hardware and software updates and/or changes to remote site equipment as necessary
- Operate PC or similar devices to gain access to Network nodes CPE devices/Small Cell Network elements as well as assigned administrative tasks
What you will bring to the table as a Network Operations Technician
- High School Degree or equivalent required.
- Technical degree in telecommunications or degree in a similar field OR equal experience in a related field.
- Wireless/Wireline Operations Ethernet certification or equivalent military experience preferred.
- Two 2 years experience working as a field technician in the communications industry.
- Experience with Ethernet Sonet and fiber optic testing or Wireless/Wireline Operations OSP/ISP experience.
- Knowledge of Coax and Low voltage trouble shooting.
- Ability to safely drive and operate a company bucket truck in the public right of way.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work in Web Based ticketing and network monitoring systems.
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.