Network Operations Technician
Looking for a Network Operations Technician
What you will be doing as a Network Operations Technician
- Perform all activities in a manner to ensure the safety of yourself, your team, your customers and the public.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule for nights and weekends.
- Install, Turn–up, Test and Provision SONET, WDM and Ethernet equipment in an optical fiber network adhering to engineered design.
- Respond to all network outages, impairments and emergencies related to company networks.
- Perform advanced analysis and troubleshooting of problems / issues while assisting the NOC/customer.
- Complete all annual preventative maintenance inspections thoroughly and accurately, to company standards.
- Label and tag all equipment and cabling according to Network Engineering Diagrams.
- Operation and understanding of fiber related test equipment, such as, OTDR, Fusion splicer, Optic power meter, DMM, PMD, Optical Spectrum Analyzer, BERT/RFC Test Sets.
- Operate PC or similar devices to gain access to company networks and complete assigned administrative tasks.
- Perform both hardware and software updates and/or changes to remote site equipment, as necessary.
- Work efficiently and effectively with cross functional departments, peers, and customers.
- Interface with customers and carriers in support of service delivery and assurance.
- Work independently for extended periods of time.
- First line acceptance of all new and modified networks using the Network Handoff Process.
What you will bring to the table as a Network Operations Technician
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Associates degree, two-year technical degree or equivalent military/special electronics training experience strongly preferred
- Wireless/Wireline Operations Ethernet certification or equivalent military experience preferred
- Two 2 years’ experience working as a field technician in the communications industry. Operating variety of telecommunications test equipment
- Ability to work in Web Based ticketing and network monitoring systems
- Knowledge of radio transmitters receiver’s antennas electronic and fiber optic theory
- Experience with Ethernet Sonet and fiber optic testing or Wireless/Wireline Operations OSP/ISP experience
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.