OSP Engineer – II
Looking for a OSP Engineer.
What you will be doing as a OSP Engineer
- Utilize current and evolving technologies to accomplish work assignments
- Utilize personal computers and/or paper records to obtain information
- Utilize automated design programs as warranted / computerized drafting tools
- Interface with other organizations throughout the provisioning process
- Use Outside Plant (OSP) Protocol methods and procedures along with multiple databases to complete designs
- Use planning documents, field notes and databases to analyze data and prepare specific engineering work orders for growth, relief, customer demands and damaged facilities in the outside plant network.
- Track and monitor progress to ensure timely completion of the engineering work orders.
- Use economically cost-effective methods
- Negotiate, coordinate and communicate outside plant engineering matters including permit applications and rights-of-way with company personnel, private owners, customers, building contractors, utilities and government agencies
- Research rights-of-way, deed, property as well as related information
What you will bring to the table as a OSP Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years work experience.
- Knowledge of PC and software applications including Windows, MS Office, and Google Suite. Ability to understand and communicate new technologies, equipment and systems as related to FTTP Design, Construction and provisioning functions.
- Strong Background in Outside Plant Engineering and Construction
- Ability to review and understand an Engineering Work Order (EWO) related to FTTP
- Experience in systems to include but, not limited to: Vbuild, CoFEE, BDMS, IVAPP, WFM and IDDS/ICGS
- Project Management experience across multiple work groups and turfs.
- Experience with making independent decisions based on policies, practices and project requirements.
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.