Looking for a OSP Engineer.
What you will be doing as a OSP Engineer
- Manages engineering and construction activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP network infrastructure.
- Leads complex large-scale projects, driving productivity through use of vendor resources to meet deliverables with aggressive deadlines.
- Engages appropriate internal and external organizations with professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required tasks.
- Coordinates project activities with contractors, developers, municipalities, and consultants.
- Proposes solutions supported by sound engineering and operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Recognizes vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes intelligent decisions to ensure reliability – within financial constraints.
- Prepares detailed cost analysis, project specifications, spend forecasts, route mapping, requisitions, and business justifications.
- Processes reports, vendor invoices, material receipts, and other administrative duties.
- Receives general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
- Create Install, Splice, and Facility Prep packages for field install and test. Maintain local site and fiber records.
What you will bring to the table as a OSP Engineer
- Desire candidate with Engineering degree or related field and 6+ years of experience in telecommunications.
- Fiber Optic cable design for an ODN- GPON network.
- Experience with working application of engineering systems and databases.
- Sound OSP/ISP engineering experience deploying fiber optic networks – preferably in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering/design and review, extensive construction and field knowledge, working knowledge with San Francisco Bay Area jurisdictions and permitting requirements/processes.
- Strong Computer Skills (Databases, Processes, and Administrative) – Robust knowledge and skill for more complex applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD, Micro station, 3GIS, ArcGIS, Google Earth and other OSP telco industry standard software platforms.
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.