Principal Hardware Engineer (X2)
Looking for a Principal Hardware Engineer
What you will be doing as a Principal Hardware Engineer:
- Actively and consistently support efforts to design or assist in the design of Access CPE device’s Printed Circuit Board (PCB) from different Silicon and OEM vendors to enhance the customer experience.
- Design or assist in the design of Access CPE hardware architecture, schematic capture, prototype testing, PCB layout review, and debugging design and production/manufacturing issues.
- Analyze low-level firmware components such as bootloader, device driver, hardware configuration settings and initialization, and their impact on the PCB design and operation.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards, and documentation are met.
- Mentors and guides the work of technical staff.
- Reviews work plans, designs, and advises on engineering improvements.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands, and follows company policy.
What you will bring to the table as a Principal Hardware Engineer:
- Master’s Degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Basic knowledge of CPE device architecture, management (TR-069), communication protocols, and operation in cable MSO environment
- Knowledge of OrCAD schematic capture, PADS PCB layout.
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology.
- Basic knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model.
- Basic knowledge of network devices and basic network appliances.
- Basic knowledge of network designing software, and illustration software such as Visio.
- Familiarity with UL Standards and Requirements, with a focus on residential devices.
- Familiarity with FCC Regulations, with a focus on consumer devices.
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.