Specialized Software Developer IV
Looking for a Specialized Software Developer IV
What you will be doing as a Specialized Software Developer IV
- Responsible for all engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems.
- Work with other engineering teams on system design, development, and configuration, and advises the team leaders.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to streamline the software code on Access CPE devices from different Silicon and OEM vendors to enhance the customer experience. Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation are met.
What you will bring to the table as a Specialized Software Developer IV
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field, Master's preferred, or combination of education and related work experience.
- Basic knowledge of CPE device architecture, management (TR-069), communication protocols, and operation in cable MSO environment
- Basic knowledge of vCPE device architecture, cloud-based networking functions, and experience with protocol stack, and software implementation.
- Strong software development experience skills with Linux in embedded systems, C/C++, Python, and shell scripting
- Knowledge of code management systems and processes, including git
- Advanced knowledge of Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols based on related industry standards such as IEEE, CableLabs, and Broadband Forum
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Basic knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model Basic knowledge of network devices and basic network appliances
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.