Systems Engineer 4: RAN Virtualization SME Engineer
Looking for a Systems Engineer 4: RAN Virtualization SME Engineer
What you will be doing as a Systems Engineer 4: RAN Virtualization SME Engineer
- Provide Subject matter expertize on vRAN solution to customer’s engineering teams.
- Assist in resolution of operational issues and high severity issues to meet SLA requirements.
- Work under pressure to drive support teams to troubleshoot commercial wireless Radio network configuration, propose workarounds, and work with R&D to provide the RCA (Root Cause Analysis) to the customer.
- Support troubleshooting of oRAN interface issues in a multi-vendor deployment with vRAN solution.
- Assist Customer in developing and implementing NE SW upgrade MOPs in the commercial networks.
- Assist Customer with troubleshooting of issues related to orchestration and integration 5G vRAN software in cloud platforms.
- Works closely with various cross- functional support and R&D teams to achieve successful with new product roll-outs and deployment.
- Strong customer focus, communication and presentation skills to conduct technical training & deep dive sessions on new technology introduction of 5G RAN EMS features and virtualized networks.
- Willing to travel sporadically to different customer locations during the new product or software rollout phase.
What you will bring to the table as a Systems Engineer 4: RAN Virtualization SME Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in EE/CS/TE is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core, vRAN & O-RAN networks, architecture and protocols is a must.
- Minimum 5 years of troubleshooting experience in supporting 4G/5G RAN & O-RAN network deployment and commercial network.
- At least 1 year of vRAN (vCU/vDU) & Network Function Virtualization (NFV) experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in integration & troubleshooting 4G/5G NEs (Radios, vRAN) in cloud platforms.
- Working knowledge of 4G/5G technologies related RAN network deployments work flows & ability to review various engineering MOPs to identify missing gaps.
- Knowledge of vRAN & FCAPS protocols, interfaces, purposes and use cases.
- Fundamental understanding of Openstack/Kubernetes.
- Must have experience in developing and implementing C&I & SW upgrade MOPs in the commercial networks.
- Must have troubleshooting experience using command-line tools, unix/linux, PERL or shell scripts.
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.